15 January 2012

Springlike

The weather has been really unseasonably warm here for the past couple of weeks! It's really making me look forward to Spring, and the wardrobe opportunities that Spring brings. I prefer Spring to Summer for clothes, as it's more acceptable to continue wearing layers, and light scarves and hats. In Ireland in Summer it's only properly sunny for a few days, but it doesn't stop the shops filling up with sandals, bikinis, straw hats, bandeau dresses and other things that are useless if you're not going on a sun holiday.
Anyhow! It's still technically Winter so I'll leave that rant for another day. This H&M dress is making me feel very Spring-like. It's actually quite a heavy cotton which surprised me. I'm glad though, it's much more flattering than the thin, clingy cotton mixes they often stock.

I've had a very lazy time this weekend. It has mainly consisted of:
  • Dying my hair with my newest discovery, the best hair colour in the world: "Mango intense copper". If L'Oreal ever discontinue it I will cry.
  • Trying this recipe for dairy free lemon curd. I try to avoid dairy and this is DELICIOUS!
  • Catching up with New Girl - it's not really my kind of show but honestly I would watch a photo of Zooey Deschanel propped up on a chair for 30 minutes, so I'll give it a chance.

What have you been up to this weekend? Are you looking forward to fashion for SS2012?

19 thoughts:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I'm loving your dress. I'm currently changing my style (yet again, going preppy) so my wardrobe's in a bit of a mess at the mo!!!

Batty said... Reply to comment

Such a cute dress. Your hair looks intense and amazing on you!

Trees said... Reply to comment

I love that cute dress - also your hair colour is great:)

I know what you mean about clothes shop selling clothes that aren't appropriate for your climate. Wellington has some good days but its FAR from tropical! We have a lot of Australian chain stores here, which is cool, but they don't seem to alter their stock for our climate. Too many skimpy clothes from thin fabric in the summer and their winter gear is just not warm enough for Wellington/South Island wear - grrr...

Julia said... Reply to comment

The dress is gorgeous, I love the cut & the wee polka dots. Your cardi is a great colour & the bow is super cute.

That copper is such an amazing hair colour!!

HoneyBunny said... Reply to comment

Such a great look! I love the colours here and that necklace is adorable:) I loved the first episode of New Girl..I was almost dying of laugher, but then it got worse and worse, now I'm only watching it because of Zooey ;)

Bethany Kellen of bunnypicnic said... Reply to comment

i use l'oreal hair dye too! mine is 'french roast' and it's a 'deep bronzed brown' and i love your color!
that dress is just darling. and yay to the new girl!

Sarah // DOTTY said... Reply to comment

Ah, you are so cute! It WAS warm here, but yesterday and today have been icy cold. I don't mind though; as long as there's no rain. X

Midwest Muse said... Reply to comment

I love that dress. It has such an old school vibe and fits you so well. I love blue and yellow together! The best!

Do you live in Ireland? How in the world did I miss that one? For me, in Ohio, Winter lasts forever, Spring and fall are fleeting, and summer is long and sticky and 95+ for three or so months. EW EW EW. But it's snowing now and bikinis are already out?

I love your description of New Girl/Zooey. I kind of hate her, but she's so pretty and I'm so jealous. So, sometimes I watch it and get green with envy.

The Canon Girl said... Reply to comment

Adorable dress and that yellow/mustard cardigan is perfect with it! Gorgeous haircolor too, so flattering. The winter here in Belgium has been exceptionally warm too, I've barely had to wear a thick scarf or gloves. And I agree with you about summer fashion! Spring is a lot more interesting because you can layer and wear actual clothes instead of just bikini cover ups.

Cait said... Reply to comment

I really like the dress, looks super versatile, I'm going to have a little look for it on the website now :)
I'm actually really liking New Girl, anything with Zooey Deschanel gets a thumbs up in my book!

Unknown said... Reply to comment

Such a cute outfit! It has been pretty warm in Ireland - I moved from London to Galway a few months ago, so naturally it rains 24-7! Can't wait to see what spring in Ireland is like!

Drea xoxo

dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

chantilly said... Reply to comment

i have a bow necklace like that!! you look really, really cute in this outfit. and the new girl gets a lot of flack, but i honestly like that show. zooey is adorable in it :)

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said... Reply to comment

@Drea

Spring in Ireland is generally pretty rainy I'm afraid :( April can be gorgeous though!

Lali said... Reply to comment

Such a cute dress. :)

Nnenna said... Reply to comment

Your dress is so cute and I love it paired with your yellow cardigan :)

star-crossed smile

lisa said... Reply to comment

I love your hair color! You summed up exactly how I feel about the New Girl, but didn't know how to say it :) I love watching her but the show is kinda meh...

Meekay said... Reply to comment

Great look, love the dress!

http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

Julia Topaz said... Reply to comment

ahhh I LOVE that color! I wish I hadn't vowed to never dye my hair again!

CatieBeatty said... Reply to comment

Cute dress! You have such a teeny tiny waist!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading new style blogs so please leave a link to yours if you have one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...