10 June 2012

Here come the Owls!

Hi folks! Big knitting news - I finally finished knitting the amazing Kate Davies' Owls sweater! It's the first jumper I've knitted and the first time I've done cabling so I'm very proud. I was knitting it back in March and I progressed pretty slowly - not because the pattern was super tricky, but because it seemed like each part was fairly straightforward and I was scared to go on to the next bit in case it suddenly got really hard!
Kate Davies owls jumper pattern
I'm really happy with how it turned out, although I suppose it's not ideal to finish knitting a wool jumper in the middle of summer. This pattern is all over Ravelry so I know lots of people knit it - if any of you guys are planning to and would like some help/tips please let me know! There were definitely parts of the pattern that I found very confusing at first. 
Kate Davies owls sweater cabling
I also booked a holiday to the Algarve in Portugal, we're going in a month and I can't wait! But let me tell you, it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a flattering tankini in this town. I don't think I'm asking for too much..!
Do you have any holidays planned? And do you knit in the summer or is it more of an Autumn/Winter thing?

18 thoughts:

Trish said... Reply to comment

I am in love with that sweater. You did a great job!

Girlscout said... Reply to comment

Owls are amazing! well done! Dorota

becktovintage said... Reply to comment

This is wonderful... I like yor owl knit so much. It must be hard to knit.. But it seems so cute...

LittleMissLee said... Reply to comment

your jumper is super cute! your very talented!

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Unknown said... Reply to comment

The owl jumper looks amazing! Congrats! I don't think I'm ever going to be able to knit something as good as that. I really like the colour and the outfit you put together :)
I bet you're excited for Portugal :) I've only ever been to Amsterdam & Benidorm before but I'm off to France with the Mr & his fam in a few months! Exciting! :)
xo

WILDFLOWER said... Reply to comment

WOW its amazing! You've done such a great job with the knit! The owls are a great touch...had you planned them or did they just form afterwards? I certainly love to knit in winter but knitting can def be all year round if you think of knitting with cotton and doing open sort of crochet type knitting.

Julia said... Reply to comment

YAY! Well done, it looks great!
I'm a beginner knitter, I'm working on a scarf at the moment, it might be a while before I'm confident enough to try a jumper.

Maria said... Reply to comment

I love the pop of red lipstick you added! This is a lovely outfit, you styled that sweater so simply yet beautifully and the style really suits you :)
xx Maria
http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

Izabelle said... Reply to comment

Awesome. Owls was my first sweater. I actually frogged the thing and have to remake it this fall. yours came out lovely!And ah, Portugal. Love it there!

bonbon said... Reply to comment

I think it's so cool that you knit! Especially that you knit stuff that is so stylish. I wish I had that talent. And I'm so jealous that you're going to Portugal. That is a country that I have wanted to visit for a long time. I'll be excited to read about your trip when you get back! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

new follower :)
bonnie
bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

erin e flynn said... Reply to comment

I love it! One day I want to be good enough at knitting to make things like this!

Unknown said... Reply to comment

oh gosh, that is the cutest sweater I have ever seen hands down! love it :D

daydream frenzy

Shabby Apple $50 Giveaway

xx

jenni said... Reply to comment

Congrats for finishing!!! The model is so lovely and fun!! I'm now planning on purchasing the model, hmm, maybe I need to finish the ones I'm doing before.. It's so frustrating these last phases I'm going through, all I really want to do is finish the one I'm doing, finally. So, you can tell I'm a bit jealous of and happy for you! :)

A said... Reply to comment

Wow I am so impressed! Congrats I have never even finished a scarf! Maybe I should take up the knitting needles this winter

Mademoiselle Marie said... Reply to comment

Yay, congrats on finishing your first sweater!!
The owls sweater was my first sweater, too. I loved knitting it, although I have to undo the cast off and use a different method because it's too tight around the neck :(
Isn't it a great feeling to wear a sweater/garment you've made? I love mine :)

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Wow that is so good!! Great blog :) Would you like to follow each other?
http://southerngloss.blogspot.com

-Kelsi

Blue Eyed Night Owl said... Reply to comment

Congrats! I have the pattern too and plan to start knitting it soon. Yours looks wonderful! Great job:D

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

[OKAY BONES] said... Reply to comment

What?! Get out of here with that, it's so cute! Someone needs to open their very own etsy/big cartel so we can be her super cute creations ;) ;) ;)
PS - It's you !! xo

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading new style blogs so please leave a link to yours if you have one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...